hello monday {thailand edition}

February 6th | adventures

Steve and I are in Thailand visitng some of our dear friends! This Monday, I woke on the other side of the world. Here’s what is around me.

Hello 30 hours of travel. Wow–about hour 28 I began to wonder why we had planned this trip. But after a yummy dinner and a good night’s sleep, I remembered why!

Hello Starbucks in Hong Kong. You were a very welcome treat!

Hello white, fluffy clouds above China.

Hello grilled chicken stand by the side of the road. Kind like El Pollo Loco but Thai-style. {And twice as yummy!}

Hello seeing some of our oldest friends, and feeling like not a day has passed.

Hello tour of the neighborhood with three curly headed girls who are willing to dish all the details on each house, neighbor, swimming pool and dog.

Hello pink flowers.

Hello Eva with a bowl of soup as big as her head. And plenty of personality to go with that spunky face. Love.

Hello orchids growing everywhere.

Hello handmade market.

Hello sticky rice with coconut milk.

Hello long talks with dear friends.

Hello laughing and crying and sharing from the heart.

Hello Monday–this week is going to be an adventure! What are you saying hello to on this shiny, new Monday? Leave a comment or better yet, link up your own hello monday post in the comments!

{More pics from Thailand coming soon!}

1. jamie says:

wow! i am so excited for you and steve! have a fabulous time together. i cannot wait to see the pictures you have to share with us. how long have your friends lived in thailand? are they there for employment reasons or just because they wanted to move there? i’m fascinated with house hunters international and all the people that move to other countries for their jobs or just because.

2. Seriously cute kiddos. Have a beautiful time!

3. Chrissie says:

love love love you all. have fun!!!

4. jennifer Camplin says:

What a beautiful trip!!

Looking forward to see pictures from trip!!

5. Lindsay L. says:

Great pictures!! Have a wonderful time! !

6. HopefulLeigh says:

I love Thailand! That was one of my best travel experiences ever. Have an amazing time.

7. penny says:

Oh my goodness! I had no idea you guys were headed there! This week in Abby’s Jr. K class, they are studying Thailand! She’s making the flag as we speak. How amazing for you guys to be able to travel the world and see friends. It really is a small world after all. Sorry. Now we’ll both have that song stuck in our heads today. :-)

8. Amanda says:

It is so exciting that you’re in Thailand! This may be a personal question, but what are your friends doing there? Have they lived there for a long time?

Here’s what I’m saying hello to: http://ajigreer.blogspot.com/2012/02/hello-monday.html

9. What a fun adventure … it’s fun to live vicariously, so keep those photos coming :) .

Here’s what I’m saying hello to today::

XOXO & Safe Travels!!

10. Arijaan says:

Aw, love that you and Steve are in Thailand right now! I had an incredible time there about 2 weeks ago – looking forward to hearing more about your adventures. And isn’t sticky rice amazing? Praying for you!

11. kelly says:

Wow! Beautiful! Love the clouds over China. Have an amazing trip.

12. Kelly says:

Now that is some serious traveling!! Have a wonderful time and thanks for sharing the lovely flowers on this bleh Monday.

13. Well, Hello there, Monday! Thailand reminds me of my homeland, the Philippines. I hope you didn’t feel any earthquakes?

And here’s where I link-up my Monday :)

Have fun!! <3

Love the orchid shot – I see a spider web! Great pics! I’m saying hello to Gratitude Journal Monday – safe travels!

15. Laurie J says:

oooh. thailand! those are some fun pics. here’s my ‘hello monday’ post!

16. angie says:

Nice pictures! Glad you guys are having a fun time so far!

17. Kelli says:

Thailand looks stunning! Glad you’re having fun!

Hello, Monday! Hello baking, meetings, end-of-semester grading, and a weekend getaway to Seattle with my hubby!

18. Cindy says:

WOW! What a trip!! beauty in each photo~ thanks for sharing!

19. Philippa says:

Hi Lisa, I’ve been to Thailand, boy are you brave eating from the roadside stalls… yikes, I simply couldn’t eat one bite, ever!!

Looking forward to seeing your photos and it sounds as though those are VERY VERY special friends you have. How lovely! Big hugs and have a fabulous!!!! week (boy what a long trip to get there!)

How exciting! Can’t wait to read all about it and see your fabulous photos! Have fun.

21. Love the photos. My husband has been to Thailand a few times while he was in the Marines.

22. Sarah-Anne says:

ohhh how fun…a little getaway with your hubby! it looks absolutely gorgeous and those little kiddos are too cute :)
    actually linking up this time! http://simplysarahanne.blogspot.com/2012/02/hello-monday-30.html

23. MMMMM.sticky rice. Growing up, my best friends mom was from Thailand and would always make it for us. I still remember it, 20 years later:) Njoy your trip!

24. ashley says:

Hello Monday! What a cool trip. My Monday is not that exciting!

25. reeve says:

I’m joining in today and here’s what I’m saying hello to today…

26. Kelleyn says:

Lucky you!

27. Mary Beth says:

This is so exciting! I adore that top photo–it really captures the excitement of travel. (And I love your outfit!).

Here’s what I’m saying hello to: http://saltandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/02/hello-monday.html

28. Cara says:

So funny – I’m from South Africa (Cape Town) and went with my dad (he’s a pilot) to Hong Kong – excatly the same time that you and your husband were there!

Enjoy your time in Thailand!

29. cindy says:

Love the pictures , Thailand looks amazing!

I love your red sweater- I’ve seen it in a few other photos of yours. I hope you include it in your WIWW so we can see where you bought it.

30. jennifer says:

love the photos.. where did you get the colorful laptop bag? (airport seats photo) Exactly what I’ve been looking for! :) thanks for the reply.

31. alison chino says:

Wowsers! Thailand! Surprise from halfway around the world!

Um, is your husband reading The Drama of Scripture? So funny, b/c we just sold that book at church last week because hubby (and others) are preaching through the WORD!

Have a great trip!

32. Charla says:

I was in Thailand in 2000 and still vividly remember the absolute lushness of the foliage. Stunning! Hope you’re having a good trip.

33. Stephanie Johnson says:

Hi! I think I know who this family is. I hope more pictures are coming. My girl (Kate) wants to know if this is the sweet girl from her kindergarten class. Small world…of course!

34. Athena Grady says:

Love all the Thailand posts!!!! Can’t wait to go back again someday soon to visit again!