cottages and bungalows magazine feature!

November 10th | decorating, inspiration

i am so thrilled that our fireplace and mantel are featured in the current issue of cottages and bungalows magazine.

you’ve got to pick up a copy at your local grocery store or bookshop, or online. it’s full of fun creative ideas.

for the mantel, i tore fabric into strips and hot-glued them to cone shaped foam in various sizes.

i picked fun colors to brighten up the room and make it cheery.

i also picked up some candlestick holders and small plates at our local $1 store. I glued them together and spray painted them white to look like vintage milk glass. they turned out so dang cute–and they only cost $2 each and make a big impact!

i hung a ‘merry’ banner across our thrifted mirror and hung stocking ornaments in the corner. it’s all so happy and fun it makes me want to skip thanksgiving all together. well almost, i love thanksgiving sweet potatoes.

today and tomorrow we are offering a special on our brand new stocking ornaments! use code stocking15 for 15%. such a keepsake–i love it! click here to shop.

and hop over to cottages and bungalows FB page and ‘like’ them. thank you cottages and bungalows!

1. melody says:

LOVE it all!!! congrats!!!!

2. Sara says:

May I ask where you got that gorgeous turquoise chair from? I just LOVE your decor….SO adorable! ;)

3. Yay! I’ll look for a copy as soon as possible.

4. That is awesome Lisa! Congrats!! My mantel is in that magazine too this month!! I haven’t yet looked at all the pages but I’m going to find yours right now!!!

• Lisa Leonard says:

sweet friend~ i was so excited to see your mantel in the magazine. you are so inspiring. wishing we were eating peanut butter pie together RIGHT NOW!

5. Catherine Wilson says:

Love the stocking ornaments, I think I’ll take a dozen!

6. Sue says:

So exciting! And inspiring! Congrats. I collect milk glass and this is a such a cute idea to tuck in with my other pieces. :-)

7. Ruth says:

WOW congratulations!
    Can you please tell me how you paint glass? I have some Ginger lamps I would like to paint. Do you use a special paint? Do you get runs?
    I have googled this and didn’t find any answers.

Thank you!

8. So cool congratulations!!

I love your ideas…especially the faux milk glass – I just made a faux jadeite cake stand the other day!

I can’t wait to get the magazine. xo

9. Sandy says:

Congrats! I will pick up the issue tomorrow.
    Awesome-ness! Thanks for keeping us inspired.

10. angie says:

LOVE IT! Congrats for making the magazine!

11. Cindy says:

How COOL is THIS?! Congrats!!

12. Melodee says:

how awesome is that-you are in the mag!!! I am going to pick up a copy, looks very inspirational:)

13. I loved seeing your mantel in the Cottages & Bungalows Holiday issue. And…spray painting your candleholders white to look like Milk Glass? GENIUS! I love that. so inspiring. xo Lidy

14. Pam says:

Congratulations! Great mantel very whimsical, cute idea.

15. This is great! I can’t wait to get a copy and then try my hand at a beautiful Christmas mantel.

16. Hi Lisa-Congrats on the feature. I bought a copy when they featured your bathroom-will have to go get one this month as well. I started following you when you gave us those adorable necklaces at the first Creative Connection and have purchased a few necklaces for relatives. I may need to get that ornament for a new baby I know! Congratulations again. Tricia Mueller

17. Ruth Yoder says:

How awesome! and beautiful mantle!

18. Andrea W says:

Beautiful mantle, Lisa!! You are so creative! Have a wonderful weekend!

19. What a great idea to make your own milk glass stands! I am going to have to try that. Your mantle looks great…love the colors!

20. That is just awesomesauce if there ever was awesomesauce!

Janelle

21. Dawn Camp says:

Lisa, you are so creative – this is fabulous! I’m a big dummy and scrolled through the pictures first, before I realized that it’s actually *your* mantle they featured. Where did you get the cone shaped foam?

22. Vicki says:

Shame we don’t get this mag in Australia :( Can you let us know how you did the milk glass? OR a tutorial! xx

23. parenting says:

My daughters (11, 8, and 3) have been begging to make these since they saw the picture. We finally made them and WOW! They exceeded my expectations! Thank you from all of us! Dear hubby hasn’t had any yet but I’m sure he will attempt to divorce me and find you once he taste them

24. Rose says:

Hi, what adhesive did you use to adhere the glass. My sis and I used hot glue once and it didn’t last.
    Love your mantle!

• Lisa Leonard says:

I used a quick dry adhesive and it didn’t hold up either. I’m thinking maybe museum wax would be the sturdiest!