project {pop-up cards}

February 4th | DIY

this is a fun little valentine’s {or anytime} project and the little ones can help too!

1. you’ll need two different papers, scissors, double sided tape and a little ribbon if you want to tie the card closed. 2. fold two sheets of paper into the card size you want. 3. for the inside paper, fold the edges back towards the center {like a W} 4. draw a heart to cutout. 5. the heart will be your pop-out! 6. use double-sided table to secure the inside of the card to the edges of the outside. 7. i added a little ribbon on each side {between the two papers} so i can tie the card closed. 8. you’re all set!

happy valentine’s day!

1. Leigh says:

Cute! I think me and my 3 year old will do these for his teachers. We have to make our own cards so this is perfect. Thanks for the idea!

2. Adorable. I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who still cherishes handmade Valentines.

Tammy and Parker

3. Jennay says:

Love this idea, Lisa! I’m planning on making a valentine box to send to my niece and nephew in Virginia since I can’t be with them for Valentine’s day! I love handmade cards!! Yours are so cute!!

4. Silvia says:

Valentine’s day is my birthday, besides the previous classes begin Indie business …..
    What better way to celebrate!

Cute cards Lisa :) )

5. kerry says:

What a great project! I have a secret pal at work and this is the perfect thing for her Valentine! I think it will be fun to make them for my son’s preschool teachers too. Thanks Lisa! Our other Valentine’s Day project is heart shaped crayons. I love this holiday! Just what I need to lighten the burden of Winter!

6. Cutey Patootie! My girls would love making these.

7. Katie says:

These cards are adorable! Too bad that I just finished sending mine out in the mail – maybe I can make one for my husband :) Thanks for the project!

8. Katy says:

looks so cute and easy!

9. Sarah-Anne says:

i think i’ve found my new V-day card stand-by. thanks, Lisa, for the inspiration. can’t wait to start making them!
    Sarah-Anne

10. Claudine says:

Ooooh — what a great simple project. I was just trying to think of possible Valentine’s the kids could make…we may have to try this!

Happy weekend to you!

11. bettyann says:

oh so cute and simple..thanks Lisa for sharing..have a great weekend..

12. Lea Culp says:

How cleaver and just too cute!

13. Leanne says:

a little for the weekend…thanks!

14. Jenny says:

How cute are those!! Great idea, Lisa.

15. Hi Lisa, How cute are those cards! Love them. If I feel crafty I will make them. Have a happy weekend.

16. Nicole says:

These are cute Lisa! We make cards for the different Holidays in my classroom and the kids would just love these. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day. Thanks for sharing. :0)

17. MichelleF says:

so adorable – I already tried out mine & they are simple to make, too!! thanks for sharing your inspiration!

18. this is SO sweet! Thanks for the how to! ♥