it’s david’s birthday! {and a gift for you!}

July 4th | david, finding love

Dear friends, our David is turning 11 today. It seems impossible, but it’s true! Today we’re planning a low key dinner with friends.

Eleven years ago this little boy came into our lives, turned everything upside down and brought a new kind of joy to every day. He’s taught me how to live in brokenness and how to look for beauty. I wouldn’t have chosen this path, but I wouldn’t change it either. I am so thankful for you, David.

David has taught me to look at the world in a new way. He is one of the most loving, joyful and determined kids I know. Today we’re giving away $20 in love bucks with every purchase as a thank you for journeying with us and being part of this community. I am encouraged in this place and thankful for YOU!

Happy birthday, David! Click here to shop and happy fourth of July to YOU!

1. Southern Gal says:

Happy birthday to David!

2. A big hug and birthday kisses for David…he braught a smile to my face and that…Lisa, on the other side of the world…how cool is that!

Katrien/Belgium x

3. Ali Honisch says:

Happy birthday David! Lisa you are such an inspiration and your blog gives me daily joy!!!

4. Amber R says:

Happy birthday David! I hope you have a great day!

5. Colleen says:

Happy Birthday David!

6. Nicole says:

Happy Birthday David! I hope you guys have a wonderful day. I miss seeing David’s smile at school. See you in the fall!
    Nicole

7. Happy birthday, sweet David! I have been really encouraged by how you guys love each other.

8. Diane says:

Happy 11th Birthday David! What a gift & blessing. God is good…all the time God is good! xo D

9. L.Shanna says:

Just happened upon your website and David’s story. What a blessing he is, and what a blessing to have you as his Mom!

10. Happy happy Birthday to David! I hope that his day was fabulous. I’ve loved following along with your blog and his sweet story. You make me want to be a better mom. Thanks for sharing him with all of us.

11. Bethany Woodard says:

This is late, but I hope you all had a fun time on David’s birthday! Children are such a blessing and I’m so glad you’ve had the opportunity to love on him and learn from him. God speaks to us so strongly through our children, I believe. In fact, you created a piece for me that commemorated a very powerful moment I experienced in something my daughter said to me as a toddler. My, my how the time flies! God bless you all and I pray many more happy years for David.