what i wore (and david update)

September 22nd | david, what i wore wednesday

wiww922

these are a few outfits from the creative connection last week.

they were taken in the hotel mirror, so not the best lighting!

1. dress, fave gray sweater, and black skinny jeans, target

black flats, gap

2. jeans, target

black ruffle tank, kohls

green sweater, anthro

black flats, gap

3. ruffle dress, anthro (on sale $29!)

sweater, target

rosette necklace, allora handmade

boots, jessica simpson

4. jeans, sweater, target

ruffle tank, kohls

aqua scarf, world market

boots, frye

wiww9222-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

and a few cute things i saw around minneapolis.

love this headband from allora handmade.

and on the right, navy striped with sequins, a knit cap–too cute!

wiww9223-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

on the left, petal pusher from pleated poppy. so cute as a hair acessory!

and on the right, maryjane butters and her daughter. such cute style.

{more on the necklaces they are wearing soon!}

wiww9224-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

and that’s the pioneer woman (ree) wearing some LLD bling and a cute peasant top.

and on the right, camille roskelly and laurie turk. such cute style!!

* * *

david update…

so i pulled the boys out of school,

steve and i packed up all our bags

we had a hotel reservation (non-refundable)

and while in route to ucla, we got a call that the appointment was cancelled.

the doctor came down with a cold/flu. i was so frustrated!

ugh, i’ve been stressing out about this

and trying to be brave

and now we have to wait until monday to meet the surgeon.

sooooo, since we already had the boys out of school

and had a hotel reservation in southern california,

we decided to hit disneyland for a little family fun.

crazy!!

thank you for all your sweet words and prayers.

i so appreciate you. seriously!

1. Jess says:

Good for you! Nothing like an unexpected holiday and hanging out with the ones you love.

2. Southern Gal says:

Make lemonade out of lemons, I say! What fun!

Love the pictures of the ladies up there. It’s fun seeing some of the bloggers I read on another bloggers blog. (Peter Piper anyone?)

3. I’m sure the boys will keep great memories of this surprise escape!

4. Marissa says:

That sounds much more relaxing than the doctor’s office! I’m so sorry, though….just when you had psyched yourself up. I’m so sorry. You will be in my prayers!!!

5. laurie eller says:

disney is a wonderful place to make you forget the things in real life. :) it came at the perfect moment. have a great time!

6. becca says:

so sorry to hear about the appointment being canceled, but what a happy thing to do instead! you, as always look so cute in all your outfit posts. and love all the detailed shots of the creative connection happenings!

7. Jude says:

sorry about the appt. that is such a bummer… was it less than 24 hours notice? can you charge them? ;) just kidding! love the pics from MN!

8. denise says:

lisa, i love your funky style (i hope that is a compliment). you are brave in the layering department. i have been a bit of a copycat, and am using my wardrobe in new ways after seeing all your fun outfits.
    who knew getting dressed could be so fun!

and now not only do i have the “favorite gray sweater,” but i just got some skinny jeans! aghhhh! hope they look as good on me as they do on you!

9. kristyn says:

thinking of you and continuing to pray for David.

10. Hillary says:

I think you and the whole family need a day like this. Have fun!

11. Melanie Claire says:

Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for featuring me on your what i wore post! I love your sense of style, so this is a great compliment! Take care and good luck with David. It sounds like the appointment cancellation was a blessing in disguise!

Signed,

navy striped with sequins, a knit cap :)

12. Shannon says:

Continuing to pray for David! I know all this must be stressful!

Wanted to pass on a link to a blog of a neighbor of a friend of mine…was that confusing enough? :)

Her little guy also hase cdls..and I know you mentioned before you hadn’t met very many other children like David..they live here in Omaha too…

13. Chrissy says:

It was such a pleasure to meet you at Creative Connection! I’ve always worn my family tree necklace with pride, but now, having met you, it bumps it up to a whole new level. Praying things work out with UCLA! Have a great trip, despite the upheavals.

-Chrissy

**thanks for posting a non-double chin photo of me and my new BFF{the allora headband}

14. Gina says:

Good for you turning frustration into a happy time for your family – that’s all the boys will remember. What a gift!

15. connie says:

What a way to turn your frustration into a great time for your family! Have a wonderful day at Disney.

As always you look adorable!

16. Kelly H-Y says:

Frustrating! But, at least you got to make a fun trip out of it!

17. liz r. says:

Oh gosh, what a drag to get yourself psyched up for the appointment and then to have it canceled. But I’m sure Disney will be a great time for all!

18. Camille says:

Aaah! Just love ya! You are the cutest thing. Have a wonderful time at Disneyland with those cute boys of yours.

19. kathy eller says:

Drs appointments turn everything upside down (esp Mom’s worries and emotions) The abosolute worse is when they are canceled though. ARRGH!! Way to make lemonade though! Hope it was a nice family time:)

20. kim says:

praying praying.

21. Courtney says:

Love those dresses, Lisa! Sorry to hear about David’s appointment-hope everything works out Monday and that you all had a wonderful time at Disneyland!

22. Jenny says:

First of all I love that black ruffle dress!! Secondly, what a nice surprise to be able to have some fun family time together! He’s in my prayers!

23. FunkySteph says:

Hi Lisa,
    DisneyLand was the perfect choice! I hope you enjoyed it and had tons of fun. David will be just fine and you are a fabulous family.
    Take care.

24. Hey! Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, I saw your jewelry featured in “Sacramento Parents” magazine. I was flipping thru it at the Dr’s office and thought, “that looks like Lisa’s stuff…” then kept reading and it WAS your stuff! LOL! Thought I’d send a note JIC you hadn’t seen it. :)

25. Bummer about the appointment but have FUN at Disneyland:)

26. Laurie says:

Lisa – Oh my goodness how frustrating. Although I’m really proud of you for turning it into a fun time instead of going home and worrying. I adore you and hang in there. Thanks for keeping us posted. I’ll be praying for you and your sweet David. {{hugs}}

27. Lee Ann says:

Ok – I love your blog, found it through Meg Duerken blog and Angie Smith’s blog. I have ordered a necklace from you in the past which I LOVE and always receive many compliments on.
    YOU really need to do a scraf tying tutorial. You always look fabulous, love your style.
    Keep smiling and seeking God for your strength…..you and your family are precious!
    Lee Ann
    Atlanta, GA.

28. Jessica says:

say hi to mickey and minnie for us! love your wiww – you have such great style. thanks for the linky love too!

29. Philippa says:

Hi Lisa honey, oh don’t you hate it when that happens! The positive side is you got to have quality time together and some fun. Hang in there, Monday will be here before you know it. It’s always the waiting for something, like precious David’s op, that is the worst part. Big hugs…

30. April says:

For some reason blogger will not let me follow your blog. I will have to check back more often to see your cute little self. So cute outfits:) I am doing a blog about all the people I met and even though I did not get a pic of you I sent a link to your shop:)

31. Michele says:

This was a fun post. Super cute outfits! The photos from the Creative Connection are terrific. The headband is adorable! That’s an interesting turn of events concerning David’s heart surgeon. I know you were psyched and ready for the appointment. It’s fun that you guys were able to go to Disneyland instead. Some of my best family memories are when we do spontaneous things instead of planned. Still thinking of you and praying for David.

32. tiffany day says:

hi lisa

you are in my thoughts – what a fun treat to go to d-land — love that place. I need to escape there soon!

xoTiffany

33. Rachel Spin says:

Way to go! You made some lemonade out of lemons! Good for you!

34. Amy Furrer says:

I love Mary Jane Butters! She is my hero. :o )

35. Jess Mead says:

I love allora handmade! Thanks for sharing!!!

36. ~michelle~ says:

Sorry to hear about the cancellation of your appointment! It must be hard to wait. I hope you can get another one soon. What a fun way to make lemonade out of the day by enjoying Disneyland!! ;-)
    p.s. cool to see the pic of Ree, I adore her!

37. Stephanie says:

umm… can i have all your clothes?

38. Jennifer says:

so sorry that your appointment got cancelled, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise because now you got some extra fun family time!!

Love your outfits!! My WIWW post has me with one of your necklaces :) I absolutely adore it!!

39. Tetcy says:

Way to just rock the day! You just have to assume it’s God’s plan when He hands it to ya! :)

40. Ramona Gordy says:

Hi Lisa
    You are such a wonderful mother and wife. The great thing about children is that they pick you for their wonderful mommies and daddies. David obviously picked you and your husband and he brought along the spirit of your second son too. Hang in there, everything will work out for the best for you and your family.Going to Disneyland was God’s way of giving you and your family a gift of time and togetherness. I hope you had fun, I love Disneyland
    Have a great day

41. elz says:

What cute, stylish, and creative women. You all deserve a Disney break.