family christmas 2012 {part two}

December 28th | family

On Christmas day we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa’s house {my parents}. In these pics you’ll see my mom’s enduring love for antiques, the electric typewriter that kept the kids busy for hours and the happiness of cousins.

It was such a sweet Christmas. I’m sad it’s over, but I’m so ready for a new year. Are you?

1. I’ve got the after x-mas blues…something like baby-blues…

2. Priscila says:

What a beautiful home! I feel the same way, we had a great Christmas and it was sad to end, but Im ready to get back into my routines and get working on some new goals, :) Happy New Year!

3. Amy Lynne says:

Such a happy place! I cannot get over how much the twins have grown…time goes by too fast!

Merry Christmas! I AM ready for 2013. I love a new year! I love your Mom’s front porch decor — the old bike/wagin is fabulous!

5. Amy w says:

Looks like you all had lots of fun. I loved the dining table, so pretty.

6. elma says:

Have a Blessed New Year!!! Love your moms home sooo cozy!!!

7. My grandmother had an old (like 1930′s) manual typewriter that all of us grandkids played with. Such memories your photos brough back to me. Happy New Year!

8. Shannon says:

Beautiful home!!

I have to add that I miss the days when people actually made an effort to dress up at Christmas, instead of just throwing on jeans, tshirts and Ugg-lys, hair in scrunchied ponytails. :(

9. Kelly says:

What a country-cozy home with so much love! Also, those green goblets take me back…my aunt had the same kind in the ’70s!

10. We inherited an OLD (aqua)typewriter that belonged to my husband’s Cuban grandfather. He saved up & bought it on his teacher’s salary so he wouldnt have to write everything out by hand. Then my hubbys aunt took it to college with her when she was going off to school. The coolest part is that its a Spanish typewriter…has Spanish punctuation marks, the tilde,etc… and when we inherited it it still had a letter his grandfather had begun to type in it years prior. It now sits in our living room and makes me think of our family history whenever I see it. :)

11. Kim Vagharfard says:

Hi Lisa,

I loved your mom’s home. It’s nice of you to allow us a peak into your Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised to see that your mom has the exact same green drinking glasses that my mom has used for years (as long as I can remember). Seeing those brought back quite a lot of memories for me. Wishing you and your family the best for the rest of this year and a blessed new year.

12. Mj says:

Where did you girls get that curly hair?! Neither your mom or dad have it and it appears that none of the kids have it.
    Looks like a fun time for all :)

13. Sandy says:

Your Mom’s home is beautiful! She reminds me of my Aunt. So glad you had a great Christmas.

14. Dottie says:

What a lovely home!
    I have those same Anchor Hocking glasses, except in Amber. I got 8 each of goblets, hi-balls, and juice glasses as a wedding present. I use them every day and miraculously still have entire set. I cherish them.
    Best wishes to you and your family and talented staff for a wonderful 2013.

15. Tammy says:

What is the latest on a potential show? I don’t know if I missed an update… it’s been a while. Happy New Year to you! Hello January 11th!

• Lisa Leonard says:

Hi Tammy! Currently we are still meeting with networks, so I don’t have much of an update. But I will definitely let everyone know when things take flight. :) xo