Our summertime to-do list!

May 20th | adventures, family

Yesterday our family made a list of some fun things we want to make sure to do this summer. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper, and then transferred them to a large canvas.

First, I drew lines with a sharpie marker, then went back and filled in each section with a fun to-do item. I tried to mix up my fonts to make it a little more fun. And then we watercolored each section a different color. Now it’s hanging in the loft, each activity ready to be checked off as we explore this summer. Yay! I can’t wait!

What are some activities on your summer list?

1. Kim says:

What an awesome idea! I love this! My last chick is leaving the nest, so no little ones to plan for, but this would be a great thing even for my own “wanna do” list! Happy Sunday!

2. Patti says:

I’m definitely doing this for myself (my youngest is 23, so . . . )and am looking forward to working on it this evening. What a fun way to kick of summer and enjoy my inner-kid!

3. Pam says:

So cute! Summer has to have at least one trip to the dog beach with the three dogs.

4. Sarah says:

I LOVE it! My son is 6 months old. Is it too soon to start one of these lists? :-)

5. Stepanie says:

This looks like a lot of fun, a few things on are list are, going to our towns outdoor concert series, outdoor movies and running around the yard with sparklers. almost forgot strawberry picking.

6. Justina says:

I’m using scrapbook paper and put our summer list up on a board we have. I have kids age 6-16! Here’s on our list: strawberry picking, concert at the museum by where we live, ice cream factory, RV camping trip, Zoo, water park, play dates with friends, Library events, Dave Ramsey study with my teens (to learn about money mgmt before they go to college!), fishing, Proverbs 31 online study for me, and vacation. Whew!

7. Southern Gal says:

I like your pretty list! I like that it’s short, too. I think I over committed myself last summer and got overwhelmed.
    We still did most of the things listed so it wasn’t a total failure. It would be nice to get them all checked off before fall.

8. Lisa says:

Cute idea, and sounds like a pretty awesome summer is in store.

9. karen says:

Love this Lisa! So colorful and inspirational : )

10. Kelleyn says:

Explore Sicily is on our list along with take the boys to Europark.

11. Nichole says:

I have a summertime list, but it isn’t nearly as cute as yours! The item I’m most interested in crossing off my list is Take a Nap in the Backyard. :)

12. Megan Lane says:

What a fun idea!! I kinda want to do this with my hubby now.

13. This is super cute! I can’t wait to make ours!

14. Danielle says:

This is BY FAR the cutest idea I’ve seen in a long time. I love how you added the watercolors too. Can’t wait to see what things you check off as you go!

15. What a fabulous idea, not only for it’s artistic appeal, but for the beautiful reminder to live every day of summer…and to get to the ‘important’ parts! Thanks for sharing such a meaningful project!

16. alison chino says:

this project is adorable! i’m totally doing it!

LOVE!

This is absolutely brilliant!!!!!!

18. Love this! I am going to attempt it. I think I might add a year at the top, too. Thanks for the inspiration!!

19. Melissa says:

What a VERY COOL idea!! I want to do some of those things on your list! Little hard when I am in Wisconsin. ;-)
    Enjoy your to do list!!

20. ririsr says:

oh, awasome…!!
    very colorfull..
    I love this..

21. This is so pretty! I’ve followed Meg for quite some time and love her lists too. We unschool and so we have been making pretty (hefty) fun lists for the four seasons. I’ll keep doing it until my kids get bored with it…then I might still make them for myself!?!

22. Amanda says:

This is such a great idea! What a fun tradition!

23. Celeste says:

Ronald Reagan museum!! I {heart} Ronnie.

24. Kelsey says:

Thanks for the inspiration! We made ours today and I can’t wait to get started on checking things off.

25. [...] this year I used Lisa’s tutorial and made a canvas [...]

26. Randi says:

I’ve always loved Meg’s list but yours is my new favorite! It’s awesome!

27. Katie says:

This is awesome! I’m pinning it immediately!

I’m hosting a {summertime} to do list link up over on my blog right now. I would love it if you would link up this awesome idea! Thanks!

28. Annie says:

Lisa — this is SOOOO fabulous. I haven’t been to your blog in a bit but saw this pinned (over and over!) on pinterest and just HAD to make one for the kids. We worked on our list this morning before school and they were giddy with excitement… I just finished the canvas — they’ll be so happy when they come home — I’ll share our list shortly on my blog :) (i’ll come back and update!)

29. Anonymous says:

[...] up — this fabulous idea that I’ve seen on Pinterest by Lisa Leonard. I’ve seen many version of this — like this one, a chalk board – and thought [...]

30. [...] here’s a fun way to write your summer to-do list, stolen from this site (hers is much [...]

31. rani says:

Love love love this idea…and so will my girls!!!! thanks for the inspiration! Will be making this over the weekend and hopefully posting on Monday!

32. rebecca says:

Lisa,
    Thank you for sharing your AMAZING summer list! We used your idea.I love that my daughter could be a part of making it too. Check ours out! http://www.theketteskorner.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-list.html

Happy Summer!