plum goods, santa barbara, ca

March 6th | inspiration

I’ve fallen in love with a new shop! It’s called Plum Goods and it is absolutely beautiful. It’s a boutique full of handmade items from local artists located on State Street in Santa Barbara. Want to get inspired–just drool over some of these lovely pics…

Will you take a second to hop over to Plum Goods and ‘like’ their facebook page? If you live near or you’re passing through Santa Barbara, you must pop in!

Someday i want to know how to sew really well. Someday I’d like to be able to re-upholster my own furniture. Someday I’d like to be able to watercolor a pretty scene. And someday I’d like to knit a soft scarf. But until then, I’ll buy handmade! What’s a craft you’d like to learn someday?

1. kelly says:

What a great store. Love the name, and love the hanging lights!

2. Looks like a lovely little store. I’d like to visit one day and go shopping with you, but I’m stuck in state that does terrible things like snow. ;-)

~FringeGirl

3. Rachael B says:

I’m currrently working on knitting a scarf, but I’d like to learn how to knit other things too. Also to make my own clothes, jewlery and take better photos. Your talent for designing/making jewlery is already a pretty amazing thing!

4. jenni says:

i am in LOVE with those pictures and wished i lived in santa barbara so that i could go shopping there – although it is probably good that i don’t, i just might go broke!

i would love to learn how to knit, my husband teases me, but i still wanna try!

5. Jenny says:

I was just in that store a month ago while visiting my sis… such cute stuff. :)

Someday I’d like to learn to knit or crochet. Seems so very relaxing. Love this shop, btw! Wish I was in the area.

7. What a cute store! I love buying handmade items. Fortunately I have some pretty talented friends. : )

8. polly dove says:

WOW! Fabulous is right! Great, creative work!

9. amy cooper says:

thanks so much lisa! we love you right back!! your blog is full of super stylish inspiration great photos. we’re super excited to be included.
    xo the plums

Amy Cooper, Owner
    Plum Goods

10. Philippa says:

Hi Lisa honey, oh what a lovely store! Adore the large metal heart silhouettes!
    It’s not so much what I’d like to learn, but re-learn. My father used to have a HUGE weaving loom in my bedroom (and I mean huge!) and I used to love watching him use it and using it myself. I love the action of looms, there is something SO soothing about it. Thank you so much for making me think of this again.. it is something I will DEFINITELY do sometime in the future…

11. Jennifer says:

One day I will learn metal smithing and wood turning and glass blowing… The world is full of so many crafts I want to learn!

12. oh, another reason to venture down the coast to SB.

13. Jayne says:

Read your blog this am and was up in SB for an appointment right near Plum Goods so ventured over to check it out. Very cute and wonderful stuff – will certainly go back again. Loved the metal star and they had some outstanding things for kids. Thanks for the suggestion. Love your stuff by the way!

14. Holy cow, YES PLEASE to all of it! I miss shops like that here where we live.
    I have a LL question for you. I’ve ordered a few times from your online shop now, have an account and all and was on your newsletter subscribers list until one day I realized I hadn’t gotten anything from you in awhile. When I went in to check it out, I couldn’t figure anything out but I signed up again(so its like I was removed from the list or something???)
    Just tonight I placed another order from the shop but realized yet again I haven’t been getting any emails from your newsletter. What am I doing wrong?I want to stay in the loop:)

15. Anne says:

I think I want to learn to sew (re-learn if home ec counts…I was never very good :) ) and painting might be fun……in the meantime…I like to by things made by others…because then I know what I’m going to end up with…haha

16. Jennifer says:

Such a cute store! I live here in SB and I haven’t visited it yet. I will now! Beautiful things on your blog!

17. Jazzmine says:

OMG!!! LOVE!!!

18. debhall says:

would love to learn to paint – I’m not that talented. scrapbooking is my muse. :) would love to venture out to all the wonderful places in CA you blog about – but its a L O N G way from OHIO.

thank you for sharing all these wonderful photos. I so enjoy getting ideas from you.

19. Sarah-Anne says:

The exposed beams and wood are so amazing!

20. Rita says:

I love Plum Goods! I have that string of hearts from the first pic. Just found your blog last week and love it!

Rita

21. Jola says:

Beautiful picutres and a really neat blog. I’ll come here again!

22. Kim says:

What a great store – wish it was close to me!

23. G.I. Joe says:

Vintage toys will not go out of fashion. If you want to have some of the neat toys from when you were a child, check out our site.

24. Denise says:

I just LOVE Plum Goods! Such unique and beautiful handmade items. Great place for gifts for your favorite people and for yourself! If you are anywhere near SB you must drop by. :)