one little word {2013}

January 1st | jewelry

It’s 2013!

Can you believe it?

I love new beginnings. We’re teaming up with Ali Edwards again for her one little word project. This year’s necklace is sweet simple and totally classic.

I love it.

The necklace is available in both gold and silver and absolutely adorable! Click here to shop the new word of the year necklace.

My word this year is ‘inspired’. I want to clear space {literally} by cleaning out cupboards and drawers and clear space {figuratively} in my mind by keeping things simple. The more I plan ahead, the more things flow. And the more things flow, the more inspired I get.

And that is a good thing!

What is your word for 2013? Please share!

1. My word is slow….keep life slow, live with intention.

2. To be honest, I don’t know yet. But that’s OK too. I’ve had to remind myself not to feel the pressure just because everyone else has already figured out their ‘word.’ It will come…:)
    These necklaces are lovely, Lisa. I especially like the ‘Sparkle’ one. Its a special nickname only my dad calls me:)

3. Michelle says:

My word for this year is Listen, I want to listen to my inner voice and listen with my heart to others!

4. Amy Lynne says:

I chose the word “grace”…needing for myself and giving it to others!

5. Brooke says:

Oooo I love the ‘sparkle’ one! I don’t usually pick a word for the year but maybe I should start because I would definitely pick ‘sparkle’. It’s such a fun word full of wonder and glimmer!

6. Marina D-K says:

My word is enjoy. I ordered the sugar donut necklace last night. This is my 3rd year doing OLW so inspiring.

7. Heather S. says:

Focus. That’s my word this year. I’m saying goodbye to distractions, to multi-tasking, to joy-stealing commitments. I am going to focus. On my Lord. On my family. On my friends. On my goals. Focus. Yep – that’s the word this year!

8. Barbie says:

My word is amply – simply love, simply live and simply give.

9. Jen says:

My word is act, which might sound a little strange, but I explain it on my blog today. http://www.bjdentonfamily.blogspot.com
    I’m going over now to look at the necklaces. Beautiful work.

10. amy says:

these are absolutely perfect! i am anxious to figure out my word this year and think i will be saving my pennies for one of these beautiful necklaces! thank you for the inspiration + sharing your story with all of us here this year…happy new year!

11. Lisa says:

Fitness….I know, I know, but not just physical…mental, emotional, relationships. Just an all over Fitness Balance.

12. Marci says:

My one word is IMPROVE. I have many areas of my life that I want/need to improve on. From improving the amount of quality time spent with family and friends, to improving my faith, to improving my eating habits and fitness, to improving my time management… IMPROVE is my word!!!

13. Philippa says:

Hi Lisa honey, my word for this year is ”dance”.. sometimes literally but mainly figuratively in my soul!! I want to dance to the rhythm of my soul too.. so important to do!! Smiles..

14. tawnya says:

I’m not 100%, yet, but I think it’s going to be ‘center’. Either that or ‘aware’…

15. My word or the year is also FOCUS….I just finished the year of adventure, and while it has been an amazing year, and I have discovered a lot of things about me, and what I really want out of life, adventure has brought a lot of changes, and it is really time to slow down, focus on planning, focus on organization, focus on one thing at a time. It is really amazing what an impact an hour of focused garage decluttering can accomplish — I know, I did it today, and it was awesome to drive the car back in and realize that everything that is in the garage is something that I need or love, and as such has a purpose in my life (other than to drive me to insanity)!

Wishing everyone a fantastic new year!!!

16. TCobb says:

My word for the year? Remain. (John 15:4-5 “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.”) Now to do this thing…to be steadfast and REMAIN.

17. Becs says:

These necklaces are so pretty. Love that they come in gold too. :)
    My word for the year is brave. I blogged about it here:
    Love the one word idea – last year was my first year of doing it and it made such a difference.
    Happy new year!

18. Lennie says:

I am struggling between two words either “listen” as in to God or “dream” and start living ilfe the way I want it to be. Any suggestions???

19. Sue says:

My word for 2013 is “trust”. i want to trust in God more !

20. Jessica says:

My word of the year is “Intention”… to be intentional about how I spend my time, energy, resources. I’m hoping it will allow me to better steer clear of the unimportant and stay focused on what really matters.

PS: LOVE this year’s necklace. I am wearing my L. Leonard word necklace from 2 years ago as I type this :)

• Lisa Leonard says:

I love that word Jessica. It is so important to be intentional about this and with people. I am so happy that you love the new necklace! We are so excited about it too. xo

21. Kelli says:

My word is simplify. In all things. Can’t wait for it to fully take hold!

22. Wendy Orme says:

My one little word is “Enjoy” because I want to start enjoying each day more thoroughly instead of just trying to get through them. The necklaces are beautiful!

23. Dawn says:

My little word is – flourish!
    Love the necklaces! Perfect.

24. Oh I love the necklace! My word for 2013 is grow. :) Working on growing my blog and my creative life.

25. tahnie says:

love your one little word lisa! mine this year is “connect”. most of all, i want to connect with each moment i am given, to the point every inch of myself is absorbed in what is happening right in front of me. if the minute is good or bad, to be in it and learn from it. ;)

here is my blog post about it!

will be ordering a necklace soon! i can’t wait for it!

xoxo.

• Lisa Leonard says:

I loved reading your blog post about your word of the year ‘connect’. Such a good word to live by this year! Take care. xo

26. [...] here with the green pants, Love 21 Blush top and black Oxmo tank.   My family gave me this Lisa Leonard One Little Word necklace  with my word for 2013 for my special day today. I was baptized today and that is pretty [...]

27. [...] here with the green pants, Love 21 Blush top and black Oxmo tank.   My family gave me this Lisa Leonard One Little Word necklace  with my word for 2013 for my special day today. I was baptized today and that is pretty [...]