avila valley barn. 10.09

October 19th | older posts

avila-valley-barn-11
avila-valley-barn-21
avila-valley-barn-51

avila-valley-barn-6
avila-valley-barn-4

nana, grandma and grandpa were in town, so it seemed like a good idea to take in avila valley barn.  it felt very fall-ish–except for the 85 degree heat.  piles and piles of pumpkins, a hayride, ice cream and fresh pies made for a perfect afternoon.  well almost perfect.  sweaters and scarves would have made it perfect {and a little chill in the air}.  but then again, the ice cream tasted reeeeally good.

* * *

warm, cold, windy…what’s your idea of perfect fall weather?

1. Amber says:

Love, love, love the little brown shoes!!

2. Amanda says:

The perfect fall weather for me is cool bordering on cold with a nice breeze. The kind of weather that makes you want to open up all the windows in the house but then you need a sweater to stay warm. Or curl up under a blanket and watch a good romantic comedy. I live in Houston so the only thing that makes it fall is the fact that it is the month of October. I dream of living somewhere where the leaves change colors and you want to be outside. I love your blog and really enjoy looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

3. mandie says:

such pretty photos! Looks like a great weekend!

4. chatty cricket says:

crisp. cool in the shade, warm in the sun. or chilly, with a cool grey sky and a nice warm sweater.

(love the little brown shoes too- David’s?)

5. Corinne says:

Upper 50′s, bright sun, blue skies, no wind :)
    Gorgeous pictures!

6. Hot apple cider. Cool, crisp air and the smell of hay. Lots of orange and lots of laughter. Possibly a crackling fire pit that night. That’s fall to me.

7. Deb Martell says:

today – in wisconsin – breezy, 60, leaves flying, piles of pumpkins, pumpkin spice muffins

8. clare says:

Sunny but with a chill in the air, cold enough to put the kiddies in bodywarmers but too hot for winter coats x

9. Maureen says:

I love fall farm pics!

10. Amy says:

Well, I am in the midwest so here it is a little cool, sunny and beautiful with a slight breeze so the leaves are falling today. Absolutely beautiful Fall weather! Perfect for scarves, boots, vests, corduroy and lots of brown.

11. Jenn says:

Crisp. Crunchy leaves. Hot drinks. The right temps for sweaters, boots & jeans.

12. kristen says:

The shoes are adorable! But my favorite is that picture of big and little bro…the leaning into each other. That makes my heart sing when my boys do that! :)

13. beth says:

I could send some of our cool weather to you….seriously, I can :)

but deep down, I have to admit you’re right…sweaters and pumpkins and hay rides, all go hand in hand….

14. Lisa says:

Cold, sweaters, changing leaves… not much of that here in southern FL!

15. Lauren says:

i LOVE the picture with Matty supporting David, he looks so grown up! i can remember when both the boys would have to lean on me, now they have each other *tear* i love it. =]

16. Lori Tacchino says:

We were there that day,too. This must have been right before I saw you guys at the pier. Funny!

17. joanne says:

fall weather means hot weather here in southern california too… and i’ve always longed for those crisp cool fall days that others talk about so dreamily… there are occasional glimpses of it here… but still, even in the heat there is something crisp and different about the air… it isn’t the same as the slow heavier heat of summer… there is a crispness even to the hot temperature that can be a bit difficult to explain to people who live in other places… i do so love that i clicked through here from beth’s to meet you… what a lovely place to spend some time and get to know another lovely creative heart …

18. Robbin says:

The boys sitting together just warms my heart. Love all the pictures. God bless you and your family. love and hugs

19. Marie says:

Hello sweet Lisa – what a fun post! My hubby and I went to the pumpkin farm today and experienced similar weather. Here in SoCal it’s difficult to “feel” Fall, but it was fun to be out among the pumpkins, hay bales, and corn maze. We brought home a green pumpkin. Thank you for sharing such great photos!

Blessings,