growing up too fast.

February 16th | older posts

baby-pics.jpg
i’ve been feeling nostalgic lately. maybe it’s that matty has outgrown almost all his clothes in the last two months or that david is getting heavy to carry around. don’t get me wrong, in many ways they are easier and more fun now, but is still miss though chubby cheeks, fuzzy hair and that yummy baby smell. mmmmm…

1. denissa says:

I know exactly how you feel…my youngest is 2yrs, and he is growing up WAY too fast! And nothing can replace that yummy smell…except for stinky little boys that love to be outside :)

2. I hear ya’ loud and clear and have been feeling that way today, too! The first 2 people that called me this morning were both pregnant and had both just found out. Both due in October- when I had my last one. AND I put up a bunch of baby things today- like burb cloths and bassinette sheets. I have no idea what they were still doing in a closet, but it still made me sad to put them away. I’ve got to talk hubs into #3! Thanks for commisserating with me.

3. I am so there. my little man is now 19 months old and I just do not know where the time has gone…

4. I have had “baby fever” for the last couple of months now. I keep thinking it will go away, but it just keeps getting stronger. Thank goodness my 3 year old still likes to rock and cuddle! The days are long, but the years are short….

Warmly,
    Leslie

5. celia says:

Your kid posts always touches my heart! They’re so sweet!

6. Melody says:

I know….babies are just so sweet.

7. Roban says:

I’ve been feeling this way, too. My daughter is 13!! I want to keep the teenager, because she’s an amazing young lady, but I also wish I could visit with her little self again. I miss those days!

Roban

8. amanda says:

They are gorgeous! Just think, now you got little helpers with boy stink :)

I miss the baby baby-ness of it all too. Now I just have two little helpers. With serious boy stink most days :P

9. Amy Miller says:

i love leslie’s comment above, “The days are long, but the years are short”
    that will make it on a scrapbook page or painting soon! what a perfect way to describe my job as a stay at home mommy!

10. Annie says:

My youngest is 3 1/2 – I am as sad as can be that she is growing up! How I wish that time would slow down just a little! I’ll be so sad when she utters her last little mispronunciation!

11. Heidi @ GGIP says:

What cute pictures! Your boys look the same and different now! Thanks for sharing.

12. Theresa says:

My baby boy turned 16 today. He towers over me and grows facial hair. He doesn’t know but I still have a box of his and his sisters baby clothes that I look at now and then. They were so small. :)

13. Priscilla says:

oh, boy, wait till they start shaving or growing dreds or a beard–*sob* I miss my baby boys too so much

14. Priscilla says:

oh, yeah, and my GRANDson made double-digits last year!!!

15. nicole says:

They do grow up so fast…my babies are almost 7 (ack!) and 5 1/2. Yikes. I think I need to stop referring to them as babies.

16. KellyM says:

Oh, that smell on the tops of their warm little heads – it’s like magic!! As always, thank you for sharing and for helping me to take a moment to remember…

17. Beth says:

Yes, I miss the baby smell! My little guy lost his a few months ago, well more than a few, and i MISS it. There is nothing else like it.

18. Toni says:

That picture of David on the top right, oh my goodness. What a little ball of sweetness.

19. chrissie says:

It is so fun to see those pictures again. It’s amazing how much they’ve both grown up-and so, so quickly. I love those two!

20. Chrissy says:

Lisa, I am soooo there with you!! My kids are now 5 and 4 … with all the work and effort that has gone into our 4 year old, I really thought there was no way I could ever have another. But now … ackk … I miss the baby parts of them! The chunky legs, sweet little chubby cheeks … the little laughs, the “wobley” walking … the clothes! I even miss diapers! What is wrong with me! :o )))

21. Jill S. says:

Lisa,
    Just a random thought for you. I LOVE reading your blog and I LOVE your jewelry. I have a few favorites that I can wear everyday!! Today when I glanced at your blog I couldn’t help but say out loud “Thank you God for choosing Lisa and her husband as parents for David and Matty!” Literally, I thanked God. When I saw the picture of your husband reading the Tickle Monster to your boys and how happy David looks – he is so lucky that God chose you as parents for him. My husband and I are blessed with two boys (ages 11 & 5) and we so long for another baby. We went through infertility treatments last fall and unfortunately were unsuccessful. We are hoping and praying that another blessing is in store, although we truely are blessed already. I do see through your blog how blessed your children are. You are certainly inspriring yourself!

22. Carolyn says:

This makes my heart literally hurt. My kids are only 4 and 2 but I can tell it is going way too fast. Your pictures are so sweet by the way.

23. Lisa Stone says:

Priscilla – you made me laugh out loud! I, too, am a mom of teenager boys and their towering height and facial hair sorta freaks me out! My oldest went to college this year and my youngest just turned 15. I am always wishing they were still young. It’s weird. That never goes away.

But other things make it all worthwhile, like the unconditional love and my 18 year old answering the phone “Hi Mommy!” from his college dorm! My heart sings.

24. Deni says:

I keep coming back to this post Lisa, i love the shots of David as a babe – just so gorgeous!! just like my little Tae!!

25. bethann says:

My twins babies are 18 months and look like little boys. I miss the sweet smell of new baby–

26. Clare Hamilton says: