happy birthday, sweet david!

July 4th | older posts

7-years-today
7 years old today and we can’t believe it!  you have grown so much this year and you continue to bring joy to our family everyday.  we celebrated with grandma and grandpa and the cupcakes went from really yummy to really messy (check out those frosting fingers!!).

daniel-baldwin
and a funny story. this morning we all went to starbucks (in santa barbara) for coffee and ran into daniel baldwin.  he took such a sincere interest in david and asked if he could hold him–so of course i had to run out to my car and get the camera.  what fun birthday surprise.

happy birthday david!

1. Lisa says:

Happy Birthday! And, how cool is running into Daniel Baldwin? When I read “we celebrated with grandma & grandpa” and then saw the pic, I was about to say, “Dang, grandpa is the spitting image of a movie star” until I finished reading! (My apologies to Daniel Baldwin, thinking he is a grandfather… not sure if he is old enough or not… )

2. Melody says:

Happy Birthday, dear David. Happy Birthday to you!

3. It is my little man’s Birthday today as well. What sweet and amazing boys that share an amazing birthday!!!!
    Happy Birthday sweet David!!!

4. Britiney says:

Holy Cow! That is so funny because when I saw the picture without reading the post I thought to myself, “I’m going to have to comment that her husband looks just like Alec Baldwin!” HA! What a coinkydink!

5. Marci says:

Happy Birthday, David. Your story is inspiring. I was captivated by it from the very first time I found your blog, Lisa.

How cool is that? I love the Baldwins!

6. Robbin says:

This is what my daughter does for a living now – “stalks” actors and actresses, goes to premiers, etc. and gets pictures of her and them and autographs. I haven’t gone with her yet. It’s just a hobby for her. Can’t believe how many people she’s met.

But how fun for you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY – DAVID! I meant to write something earlier. Oh, well. Glad you had a fun day.

7. Leonie Guld says:

Thats hilarious! Our finn attracts the attention, particularly with men, they tend to melt and all ego disappears. I bet it was a real treat for daniel to hold and share some very special moments in time with david. Happy Birthday David, I hope you day was a heap of fun and all your little dreams come true. xx

8. I LOVE the way you captured that “frosting on fingers” picture with such a sweet little grin~ I hope it was a WONDERFUL birthday, and wish David a very happy year of being 7!!

9. How wonderful and a nice surprise! Happy birthday David!!

10. Southern Gal says:

So you’ve got a Yankee Doodle Dandy, huh?
    What a nice surprise to keep forever!

11. How cool! Hope he had a fantastic day!

12. carrie says:

Whoa, how awesome is that!? I kept scrolling up and down the picture thinking, gee that looks like a Baldwin – and he was a Baldwin and sweet, too! Happy Birthday David!

13. Anne says:

Too funny. I saw the picture of David with Daniel Baldwin before actually reading your post and thought to myself, that guy looks like a Bladwin brother. Love the cupcake shots!

14. Staci says:

Happy Birthday David! Looks like you had a great day! Love Staci and Vinny (CdLS)I

15. Sara@iSass says:

mmmm cupcakes! What a fun way to spend your birthday! And what a neat unexpected guest to happen upon!
    Happy Birthday David!

16. Karen says:

Happy Birthday, David. Your story is inspiring. I also looked at the photograph before reading your text and thought that guy looked so familiar.

17. Sue says:

Happy Birthday David..I also thought at first that G’dad looked very Baldwin-ish…LOL

18. Sophie says:

Happy birthday Sweet David!!! I thought the same thing – LOLz *glances at comment above* That granddad looked Baldwin-ish!!!

That’s so cool! Happy Birthday to David!

20. Vivian P says:

Lisa, You should be more careful who “holds” your child. To be star struck is one thing, but from a distance please …..from your children.

Daniel Baldwin spent two weeks at a treatment center in Port Hueneme, California, for treatment of addiction to cocaine. In 1998, he was found running naked through the halls of New York’s Plaza Hotel and was arrested for possession of cocaine. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to three months in drug rehab.

On April 22, 2006, Baldwin was arrested again after police received a call that a woman had been threatened at the Ocean Park Motel in Santa Monica. He was arrested again on July 19, 2006. According to the police, Baldwin ran a red light after weaving through the traffic in West L.A. just before 1 pm. He then crashed his rented Ford Thunderbird into two parked cars while going 80 mph in a 35 mph zone. On November 7, 2006, Baldwin was arrested in Santa Monica, California, after allegedly stealing a white GMC Yukon SUV. The actor was taken to jail and booked for grand theft auto.

21. Annie says:

Help – who is Daniel Baldwin????

22. angie says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID! OOOH & nice you got a pic of him & Daniel Baldwin. I was like, “is that who I think it is?!” before I read the sentence. :D

23. Rachelle says:

Happy Birthday David! I thought that was one of the Baldwins before I read your sentence! Very cool! The cupcakes look yummy – glad he had a fantastic day!

24. lisa says:

thanks for your concern vivian. he does have a rocky past, but we were right there with him and i felt comfortable.

25. Christie says:

Happy Birthday David! What a fun day!

26. misty says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :) that is awesome! happy birthday to sweet sweet david!! :) x x x

27. brianna says:

happy birthday david! you are getting so big and we miss you!

(how awesome about daniel baldwin! i saw the pic and just assumed it must have been david’s grandpa (since you’d said that’s who you celebrated with) but i thought wow, he looks like a celebrity. ha!)

28. Ellen says:

Way to celebrate, David! Happy, happy birthday to you. You already have the most wonderful present of all: a spectacular mother.

29. Jen says:

Aww, looks like Daniel may have been recovering from a rough night…LOL…but that’s cool that he took an interest in David!

30. chrystal says:

So fun that you were able to spend David’s birthday in SB!! It’s the most beautiful town on the planet (in my biased opinion!). I live around the corner from that Starbucks and probably would have been more excited to see YOUR family than you were to have met DB! And by the way, he goes to my church and is a really decent man :) Happy Bday, Little Dude!

31. geisslein says:

Oh what a nice post! Happy Birthday to David – and how cute from Mr. Baldwin?! Such a great birthday-present!!! Sunny greetings from germany, geisslein

32. em tanner says:

haha! before i read this i was thinking…gosh your hubby looks just like a “baldwin”…i have seen pics of your husband but just wasnt registering..ha!

33. Deni says:

Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!!

34. celia says:

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!!
    ANd what a fun thing to join Mr Baldwin there and be able to take the pic!
    Isn’t your kid just magic?
    Oh… and I think that if Daniel know about your jewelry creation, he may buy one… I mean it for his necklace in the pic…. don’t you think so?