yay for family pictures!

December 13th | blog friends, family, photography

we did a half hour photo shoot with cameron and anna ingalls a few weeks ago. they are so incredibly talented and seriously fun.

matthias was such a ham! i love it. they totally captured his cute six-year-old personality.

and david was so happy and fun and silly. perfect!

i feel like photos are a keepsake we will treasure forever. they are so important to me.

thank you cameron and anna for these treasures!

you can check out cameron’s blog HERE and anna’s blog HERE.

aren’t they amazing?

does your family take an annual family photo?

1. Yes we do! Lovely photographs of such a lovely family! Happy Holidays! xoxo Corey

2. Rachel says:

You have such a beautiful family. Wow! I love the one of your husband and David’s hand. David’s hand looks so small and you can totally see your husband’s love in holding it.

3. Bridget says:

Your family photos are fabulous! What a keepsake! I feel the exact same way about them!

4. melissa says:

every year and the same wonderful photographer takes them! i love it!

great pictures…they are beautiful!

5. shana says:

not quite annual, but every couple years. i LOVE pictures (great quality ones) of us all together. it’s just the best. yours are wonderful. my favorite is the one that b&w with the mountain in the background. what a fabulous-looking family!
    blessings,
    shana

6. AshleyAnn says:

Lisa, these are so great. They exude life…and togetherness. I love the soft, subtle colors. You must be thrilled!

7. Rachel says:

Lisa,

these pictures are just perfect. They’re so lovely and real. I adore them.

My family has never taken family/annual pics. I’m always the one behind the camera ;) We need to do this.

I love.

8. Your family is simply wonderful and it was such an honor to photograph you all!

9. Jewelscapes says:

Beautiful! Beautiful photography and beautiful family! My sis in law does a great job at this type of real life/personality shot photography, you’ve reminded me of how important it is to capture these types of beautiful moments as a family.

10. Becky says:

Have to love Cameron and Anna.. they are the best!! hugs- b

11. Kaylene says:

Your family seems to just radiate peace and happiness. I don’t even know you and these pictures made my morning. :)

12. I gotta say it, you and your husband have the most love-filled faces. x

Beautiful photos & family.

14. The pics of Steve and David made me teary. They are so perfect.

What treasures all of these are!

xoxo
    Emily

15. Renae says:

These are perfect… and they really capture the love for life you and your family have.
    Right now, since Oliver is not even a year yet… I’m still on the ‘every 3 months’ pictures, and YES of course we sneak a family picture in his lil photo shoot.

16. Bonnie says:

I completely agree that photos of family are something to cherish for a lifetime. This year I was actually hoping to start taking yearly photos of our little family, but I had to have surgery on my knee and it just never happened. Once I’m better though, we will be taking some fun photos. :)

I’ve missed visiting your blog for a bit and it has been such a joy catching up. Each of your photos simply warms my heart and I just wanted to thank you for that. I’m also thrilled to be giving one of your custom ornaments to a girlfriend of mine who just moved into her first home. I can’t wait to give it to her, I know she will love it!

Wishing you a beautiful week!

xoxo,
    Bonnie

17. Meghan Hall says:

We do family photos and my friend Missy is also amazing. I was so pleased with our pictures we had taken this fall. check them out

18. Jennifer says:

LOVE your photos!! :)

19. Anne says:

we try to take a picture every year…at some point when we are all together. Myparents used to get all of us (8) kids together for a picture…which was always a challenge I’m sure..haha. I also love getting photos from friends and family…save them all.

20. Kara says:

You have the most darling family! what great pictures! I love them!

21. You have a beautiful family. The pictures turned out great!

My coworker was looking for a present for his wife for Christmas and of course I HAD to send him your way! He just purchased the family tree necklace. His wife is a lucky gal receiving such a gorgeous piece of jewelry for Christmas! ;)

22. andrea says:

Beautiful Photos!!! Yes, the Ingalls are amazing and your family is fantastic!

23. Michelle says:

Wonderful family photos! Looks like you all had a lot of fun, too!

24. denise says:

lovely.

we try to take an annual photo. being the photographer’s wife i’ve come to accept that ours is always the last to be taken. i’m okay with that. however, i’m typically the last to send out christmas cards. i’m thinking i may need to send out ground hog’s day cards instead!

25. Kathy says:

Your photo’s are wonderful. We take lots of photo’s of our boys, not many as a family. That may be a regret. Last summer we had some taken and they are a treasure.

26. rhea says:

we just did pictures for our family – it was fun! we got pictures of anna for girl power 2 cure and the photographer captured her perfectly. my favourite is of all 8 of us infront of a weathered barn. even though i am a city girl, i love barns! thanks for sharing your family photos. you are so blessed!!!!

27. Lola P. says:

Beautiful Family!!! .
    we don’t take family pics, we wait until the last minute but i agree Pictures are treasures.

28. Desiree says:

these are so cute. we need to start taking an anual pic.

29. I love the one where Matthias is up front and in focus and you guys are in the background. Really cute.

30. Tiffany Day says:

so very sweet!! Hi lisa!!

yes we take a family picture (from a professional photograhper) about every 3 years – but every year around Christmas we take a family photo – usually set up on the tri-pod with a remote or timer – i think one year i will do a “look from the past” and do pix from the last five years on one card – would be fun to have them all side by side.

xoTiffany

31. Kelly H-Y says:

We do! Usually in September or October, so then I can use them for the Christmas cards! Yours are spectacular … they really captured the personalities wonderfully!

32. angie says:

These are fabulous!

33. Marcie Mann says:

I LOVE the one 3rd up from the bottom! So cute!

34. Kat says:

Beautiful photos and a beautiful family.
    Lisa, you always seem to ooze such joy and calm. (and style!)
    We got some family pics done the other week on the beach near our house here in Aus. Can’t wait to see them this weekend.
    The last lot we got were taken two years ago when our youngest (#4) was only 4 weeks old!
    I agree, they are such a treasured thing to have and look back on.

35. Destiny says:

Your pictures glow; they personify love, adoration and the joy you seem to find in each other. Shine on Leonard family, shine on!

36. You have a gorgeous family (I know you already know this!)!

I used to be super good about getting the kids photos taken each Christmas, then I acquired more kids and it got harder for me. I’ve taken an “all the kids” (I have 7) the last couple of years but this year it just didn’t happen :(

37. tia mckenna says:

Your pics are fabulous. Your photographer really captured the uniqueness of your family in a beautiful setting. My most recent post is my feeble attempt to photograph my kids for our Christmas card. I’m thinking once they hit that certain age, it may be better to photograph the dogs and call it a day.

38. mary says:

those family shots are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    you all look so happy together. sigh*
    i love your hair. absolutely love it.
    one day, could you do a head shot so i can possibly take it with me to the salon? ; )
    thanks.
    -mary

39. WIWW #12 « says:

[...] going back out on you. A bit scared but received many complements. Guess it is a win? (Inspired by Lisa’s always stunning [...]