deep (or just random) thoughts

October 7th | thoughts

moretime4-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

there is a farm just down the road from our home

and there are rows and rows of flowers.

i wonder what it must be like, to look out your front windows

and see all those blooms?!

moretime1-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

i loved this leaf sitting in a little pond

at the coffee shop where i…

moretime3-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

shared a piece of {delicious} coffee cake

with my sweet friends jen and brenda.

moretime2-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

and this little birdie perched near our table.

yes, i am that annoying friend who shoots pictures while your trying

to sip coffee and chat!

moretime5-custom-hand-stamped-jewelry

i found this painting of pink flowers in a vase at a thrift store yesterday.

on the back, it has a note from the artist, telling her friend

(who was given the painting as a gift…and then gave it to the thrift store)

that she had big hopes for the painting, but life got busy

and she wasn’t able to put the time and energy into the painting that she wished she could.

and her note made me love the painting so much more!

probably because i relate to her busyness.

and it made me think, what would i do with a little more time

and a little more energy?

i think i would cook more. make nicer dinners.

* * *

what would you do with a little more time and energy?

1. Lisa McGriff says:

Lisa, I would spend more time with my husband, more time relaxing, more time working on needlework which I love but have very little time for! Lisa

2. Robin says:

I’d spend my “extra” time reading!!I Just got Richard Paul Evans newest book, “Promise Me” and haven’t been able to read it yet!! I am so many books behind and I just can’t find the spare time to just sit and read!

3. Amanda says:

I would spend more time reading, too! I’m a student so I read ALL the time, but it’s textbooks. I would love to read “for fun.” And I would spend extra time with friends!

4. Kelly H-Y says:

Sit down and play with my kids more often! And reading!

5. paige says:

i would write more. in ink. on paper

gorgeous gorgeous images as always lisa
    i <3 the farm!!

6. more time… i would write more.
    more energy… more outings as a family.

7. Denise C. says:

If I had a bit more time, I’d spend it with my husband & kids together, we spend quite a bit of time together now, it just never seems like it’s enough. Love the painting! :) And…the crumbs from the coffee cake, which made me hungry!

8. tiffany day says:

good morning lisa! – what beautiful pictures! I think my favorite is the little birdie – so sweet!!

if I had more time and energy I would REALLY hope that I would exercise more and go on more bike rides!!

what a wonderful post and lovely pictures.

xoTiffany

9. Mary says:

Certainly more cooking and reading. I miss those things so much now that I have three little ones.

10. amanda says:

love that painting and the photo of leaves in the fountain. if i had more time i’d write my heart out. lovely post!

11. Nicole says:

I would get all A’s in my college classes. And I’d would journal and perhaps even think about having a boyfriend.

12. Linda says:

I would take a nice hot bubble bath, glass of wine and shave my legs.

13. Kristin says:

If I had a little more time I would take photography classes :) And I would also draw more b/c it is sooo relaxing!!

14. Ramona Gordy says:

If I had more time, or even “some” time, I would slow down and enjoy my life. I would finish up my “to do” list. I would go out on more dates with my husband. I would read all those books I have stashed on shelves, that I promised my self to get too. I would visit my mom more often. I would take walks in my favorite neighborhood parks.

15. melissa says:

I wish time were my problem. I think it’s more motivation and proper use of the time I have. I always feel as if I am busy – but mostly just busy with really NON essential bullshit that doesn’t really matter in the scheme of life. Things I think are important — but really just a time killer and getting in the way of things I really should be doing. Like creativity, joy, and laughter.

So yeah .. time is not it. Being busy surely is not my case. Stuck is more like it.

16. Kelli says:

I would organize a craft a week for my kids. It makes me feel guilty because it’s been on an on-going “to-do” list for 5 years!!

17. Julie Acuna says:

I would cook and read and definitely more knitting and crocheting!

18. Michelle S says:

Hi, Lisa. WOW! So, I just happened to stumble upon your blog by accident, but sometimes I am not sure if I believe in accidents or coincidences…I think God sends us messages through these moments in time. I was having kind of a bad day. Not super bad. Not life threatening bad. Just…dealing with life (laid off from a teaching job, but a blessing disguise), taking care of a gorgeous, healthy baby girl, struggling with my other gorgeous daughter who was newly diagnosed with BiPolar disorder and dealing with my uber-sensitive third grade son! Not to mention a husband who works long hours and a house that just won’t keep itself clean! It was so nice to read something upbeat and positive and inspiring! Your jewelry is gorgeous and I can’t wait to come back in a few weeks to do some Christmas shopping! Thanks again, Lisa! Feel free to stop by and visit my blog when you have some free time!
    xoxo Shel

19. Jennifer says:

I would definitely bake more. And maybe read a little more too.

20. Sharon says:

How I long for more energy. That is my biggest issue. I would love to be more athletic, go for a bike ride, run, be more like a kid.
    I have the time, I just need to get off the computer and use it!

21. sharon says:

Right now i am still recovering from a difficult birth so I have lots of time and I am using it to snuggle snuggle snuggle my new baby. but I am also getting restless and dreaming about when I will have more energy again. I want to use that energy to have SO much fun with my little boys. It seems like it will never happen but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel after several years of not being able to enjoy good health and I cant wait to put health and energy to good use. And yes, cooking spectacular dinners is one thing I would like to do for my family! Even being able to do the laundry again sounds fun:) Here is a post I wrote about what I want to do in the future now that God has given us new blessings and opportunities. Lisa thanks so much for your congrats on our baby – it meant a lot to me after all we have been through. I am so scatter brained that I cant remember if I already linked to this post about our precious baby, but here it is.

22. Linda says:

I would do more cooking as well along with reading and scrapbooking.

23. Mina says:

reading, spending time with friends and my kids.

24. sarita says:

more time , my dad who passed away 26 years ago said he wished the days were longer he needed more time..no truer words were ever spoken .. If I had more time I would spend it with my kids or grandkids just enjoying their company and soaking up the time with them , making memories , taking pictures.. enjoyin each day for they are so few.. be blessed my friend..

25. Philippa says:

Oh Lisa, I love love love that painting. That is one of my favourite colours and I’m not usually a pastel colour type of girl! If I had a little more time and energy I’d start the book on my passion for gardening that I’ve had in my mind for the past few years! I just don’t seem to find the time to just sit and write it! Smiles…

26. Laura says:

I’m doing my first yoga class on Tuesday!!!!

27. Kathleen says:

One of the things I love about the West Coast is driving along and seeing flower farms – all farmers are doing important work, of course, but how wonderful to have your crop be flowers!

28. melissa says:

I would spend more time playing with the family…not worrying about my ‘to do’ list that is never ending and also make better dinners…and hopefully enjoy it, because I would have the time!

Happy Weekend!

29. Sarah says:

If I had more time, I would organize the 10,000+ pictures I have of my son’s first 5 years into albums of some sort. Seriously, 5 years and not a single scrapbook or photo album to his name!! Lisa, your images are so amazing (LOVE the leaf and the heart made from dried leaves from a couple weeks ago!). Would you consider blogging how you organize/display all your amazing photos? I need some inspiration… If you ever publish a book of images, I will be the first in line to buy it!

30. Fran Heupel says:

I would definitetly spend more time playing outside with the family and friends.
    Ps love your blog and your jewelry is fabulous!

31. Lisa says:

I would do yoga every morning, take quiet walks outside by myself, play with my kids, nap.

32. Cathy says:

I’d take care of myself – do all those little errands in the light of day rather than before or after a day at the office; cook and bake home made meals, read, crochet, declutter, enjoy the Autumn weather.

33. Tracy Mayhue says:

Hi Lisa,
    I would take more photos :-) . I have the exact same (almost exact) photo of those rows of flowers on my iPhone from our latest visit up there! I’m glad I’m not the only mom who pulls over to the side of the road to snap away (as my child asks from the back, “what are you taking a picture of NOW?”)

more time to just connect with my son, who has Asperger’s Syndrom, and more time to connect with friends. (it’s been an especially challenging week). Coming to your beautiful blog is such a treat each day.
    -Tracy

34. Oh my goodness that farm is beautiful! I wonder if they appreciate the beauty of it everyday like I think I would.
    If I had more time my house would be much more organized. I guess I’d need more time and a babysitter for that though and maybe a professional organizer…one day. Have a lovely weekend!

35. Nicole says:

If I had more time I would spend more time outside. I love it in the mornings, it’s so peaceful. But, I have to be at work at 7:40.

Lisa, the picture you took of the field of flowers is beautiful. It would make a beautiful canvas.

<3, Nicole

36. Toni says:

i know exactly where you were sitting in that coffee shop! That’s my favorite spot by the koi pond :)

37. Sheila says:

Nauti Bean date soon?! (since we both live super close now) Miss you and would love to see you! xoxo

38. if i had more time i would come visit you so we could go see that farm on the way to that coffee shop for a piece of that same coffee cake. :)

i would also spend some time de-cluttering…i have a mound of clean laundry to fold and put away and boxes that have been sitting full for almost a year since my dad died. i’d rather spend quality time with people than worry with any boxes…but i know it is important for me to do, for my own mental health and to create space in my life.

xo

39. Kylie says:

I’d spend more time with my babies, my guy and on learning to improve things, like my photography that I don’t seem to have time for at the moment!
    Tell me Lisa, do you carry your camera everywhere? What sort of camera do you have?
    Cheers,
    Kylie

40. Kristin says:

i guess i need lots of extra time, b/c there’s so many things….take care of myself better…better food, exercise, time praying and reading the Bible…..unstructured time with my family, maybe taking more trips, even if they’re only an hour away….spending time w/ other family–miss my sister so much!!…

and I just have to say that your pics of around your home are so beautiful…if I could choose where I could move, I’d pick to come back to Cali, and where you are can’t be beat. :)

41. The picture of the farm with all the flowers is awesome!