what i wore wednesday

May 18th | what i wore wednesday

i’m

linking up with lindsey for some fashion inspiration. just one outfit this week, it’s been a little crazy.

i fell in love with this skirt from anthropologie. i couldn’t stop thinking about it, so i finally splurged. it’s high-waisted with a vintage feel.  the black top is from banana republic a few years ago.

the boots are also from anthro. green beaded necklace is vintage. molded heart bracelet from my shop.

what’s a piece of clothing you might be willing to splurge on? the perfect jeans or a pretty dress?

1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the skirt! I can see why you splurged! I would splurge on the pefect jeans! Nothing is better than having that perfect go-to pair of jeans!!

2. UR SO CUTE SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

3. Shelby says:

Gorgeous Lisa!! I love the vintage feel!
    Right now I don’t have the money to splurge but if I did it would definitely be a pretty dress for my birthday next week.

4. Alease says:

Love it! Love the photos and the vintage inspired style.

5. Clair van Eeden says:

Super cute!! Love the high waist!

I would definitely splurge on a pair of jeans!!

Since these ‘what I wore’ Wednesdays, I’m definitely getting more creative with what I have in my closet – mixing and matching!! Thanks for being the inspiration. I think you’re fabulous.

{All the way from South Africa} xx

6. Sara.arrigoni says:

I would probably splurge on the jeans first, just because I find them much harder to get a perfect fit. Dresses have always been a “go-to” for me but are easier for me to find.

7. If I EVER find the perfect pair of jeans to fit my tall(5’9″) curvy self I will have to splurge on them. Usually if I find a pair thats long enough they dont fit right in the thigh area. Its a losing battle.

8. Karri says:

Love that skirt on you!!!!

I would for sure splurge on the perfect jeans. I’ve yet to find a pair that isn’t falling down in 3 hrs. A great go-to dress is worth it, too. I’ve done it before and am still wearing it, 7 years later!

9. ahhh…high waisted! I couldn’t figure out how to wear that skirt when I tried it on. Love it too! I fell in love with two dresses there yesterday. Will probably be splurgihg on one of them! You look great and love the black with it.

10. S Club Mama says:

I would so buy the perfect jeans no matter what they cost…although my husband may be a little more hard to convince LOL. However, I’ve never found the perfect jeans…some day I’m going to NYC to this store that I saw on What Not to Wear where they custom make your jeans (rivets, thread, everything).

11. Kristen says:

This outfit it perfect for you! I LOVE it!

12. julie hare says:

Jeans….and then the dress! You are so cute and have inspired me to wear cute short dresses over my jeans so I would NEED both! ;0)

13. Michelle in N. Cal says:

love the skirt (I’m a sucker for anything floral) – it shows off your small waist so well!

I would splurge on the perfect jeans. My Joe’s Honey fit are my dream jeans and the extra $$ I spent was so worth making my rear-view look better then in any other jeans!

LOVE the skirt! Great splurge. I’d rather sprlurge on a dress or skirt rather than jeans. I love getting dressed up and feeling girly!

15. Sarah-Anne says:

wow, that skirt is sooo pretty & femenine, lisa!! great job pulling together the skirt with the green necklace!

16. I could be convinced to splurge on either of those things (perfect jeans or perfect dress) but thats probably it. Maybe great boots. Everything else, I’m a miser! Super cute skirt.

17. C. Beth says:

I will occasionally splurge on a great dress or “work clothes.” Recently Ann Taylor had a 40% off sale. It still meant this dress was a splurge (over $50) but a very worthwhile one! I can’t wait to plan a date night with my husband so I can wear it. http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=31318&N=1200007&pCategoryId=3939&categoryId=180&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_180&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Fresh%20Tulip&defaultSizeType=Regular

18. Kelly J. R. says:

What a great outfit! I really love the boots. I have a very hard time splurging on clothes. Most of my stuff is thrifted so if I pay full price for something, I feel horribly guilty. Although, I do spend a lot of money on high quality outdoor gear like hiking boots and soft shell jackets…

19. Erica says:

Love this outfit! I wish I could pull off those high waisted skirts, they are so cute!

20. Melody says:

I would splurge on boots!! Your skirt is adorable!

21. Petra says:

I splurged on a burberry trench once (for a special event back home in rain country) and now whenever it gets cloudy I get happy cause that means I can pull it out of my closet to wear! :-)
    Love the high waist, as well as anything Anthro has to offer ;-)

22. Christy says:

Darling! You look great in this outfit!

23. Carly says:

I think I would have splurged too, it’s beautiful!

24. Nicole says:

I would splurge on jeans. It’s so hard to find the perfect pair of jeans that fit in “all” areas. I’m tall, have a long waist, but I’ve got some curves.

25. Denise C. says:

I actually splurged on a black dress with a purple waistband today from Banana Republic (we have an outlet store by us). It was $60, marked down to $24, I couldn’t resist! I feel flirty in it, and my husband loves it. :)

26. debbie says:

lovely skirt! I think I’m in the majority today – would definitely splurge on the “perfect jeans”, if I could find ‘em. I actually haven’t shopped for jeans in a while, I am so OVERDUE!

your mix & matching inspire me.

27. Megan Lane says:

that skirt it so pretty!! i totally get you on this – i actually just splurged on an anthro skirt myself a couple of weeks ago. i totally fell in love with it & couldn’t stop admiring it online. i decided it’d be ok to reward myself for all the hard work i’d been putting in. i know it will be worth it cause i will wear it lots :)

28. Kelli says:

i would splurge on a pretty dress that would work great alone or over skinny jeans (you’ve got me hooked on that look! i get so many compliments!).

Right now, though…. i would love nothing more than for you, ms. lisa, to make a necklace inspired by the one you have on in the pics and sell it! it’s my favorite color, and i just love it!!!!!

29. Heather G. says:

LOVE that skirt! If I could ever find the perfect jeans, I’d definitely splurge on them. But for now, my splurge is purses!!

30. anthro is my splurge of choice.

i just bought some high-waisted trousers that i *love*

their stuff is art. i can not even talk about how much that store has me hooked…

and that skirt is delicious, by the way.

31. Philippa says:

Hi Lisa honey, I would love to say a pretty dress as love feeling feminine, but I seem to spend most of my time in jeans, either working on our 5 acres or going shopping etc. Hmmm I guess the jeans might win?? I would get far more wear out of them than I would a dress.. pookies!!! LOLOL

32. Robbin says:

You look beautiful, Lisa. I like the green on you. :)

33. Robbin says:

Oh, I forgot the question. Jeans or dress. Well, since I don’t wear dresses much anymore, I guess I’d splurge on jeans. To get the perfect pair that fits me – short, plus size and can hold the stomach in (haha) – would be totally worth the money for me.

34. janae says:

The skirt is FAB! I love the vintage beads too! You look adorable!

35. Claudine says:

Oh, as if you couldn’t get any cuter!

Love the outfit!

36. Leigh says:

I have been known to splurge on the perfect jeans! I’m a jeans girl more than dresses.

37. Shelly says:

I am so in love with high waisted skirts these days!

xoShelly

38. kim davis says:

LOVE that skirt and it haunted me every day at work when i started at anthro! i decided i was going to get it and BAM it went on sale and BAM my size was gone. womp womp. looks great on you!

i splurge on skirts. way too often ;)