what i wore wednesday

July 20th | what i wore wednesday

thank you for all your comments last week about what i wore wednesday. your perspective means so much to me! i feel inspired to participate this week. i’m linking up with lindsey at the pleated poppy!

Source: polyvore.com via Jenni on Pinterest

i found the inspiration board above on pinterest and i loved it–so i recreated the outfit with a few changes from things i already had in my closet.

the jeans are probably my favorite pair {stevie jeand from anthro}. cream ruffle top from a local boutique. wedges and navy striped cardigan, both from target. i don’t know if target carries my cardigan any more, but this one is darling {and on sale!}

and that sweet rosette necklace? allora handmade of course!

i’ve got my trusty molded heart bracelet on. love.

and i just got some super fun sunglasses from crush. these sunglasses fit well and they are super affordable. love.

tell us, where do you get inspired to try new trends–pinterest, blogs, magazines, friends?

1. HopefulLeigh says:

My monthly In Style magazine. I generally can’t afford the outfits they depict but I definitely find inspiration there. Pinterest is a great source too!

2. Super, Super Cute!!! I Love this outfit:):)
    I Love that shade of green with navy and white!
    I wish I can wear longer jeans and a cardi, but it’s
    extremely muggy in Nashville:)

3. Lisa, I recieved my necklace today. It is so beautiful!! It’s for my daughter’s 30th birthday and she is going to love it!! I can’t wait to give it to her :) Your blog inspires me!! Love your outfit!

I have the Target sweater…I love it! I think it’s classic!

Great sweater! I love LOFT for inspiration and Lindsey’s WIWW posts for ideas and deals!

paige

6. Ramona Gordy says:

Lisa, you go girl with your bad self. Rocking “What I wore Wednesday”.LOL:)

7. Denise says:

curious how you take your pictures. Is someone taking them for you? Love your outfit.

8. Kate says:

faaaaab! I have similar pieces already in my closet. The question is, why do I never think to put them together? That is why I love me some WIWW.

9. you always look terrific Lisa, and as usual your hair is wonderful!

10. lan says:

Sooo cute! I have to get myself that cardigan now.

11. Michele says:

Love the striped cardi! I’m finally just figuring out pinterest this week. It’s a little overwhelming (in a good way) and full of inspiration. You look great!

12. Amy says:

You’re adorable. Totally loving those wedges! I get tons of inspiration from Pinterest as well. What did I ever do before it was invented??

13. I love that you took a inspiration board you liked and copied it with your clothes! Seriously love! I especially like that pop of green – such a fun addition!

14. Deb says:

Love your outfit!

15. Alima says:

I love this outfit! I repinned it on pinterest after I saw you pin it. Love your take on it!

16. Dawn says:

Yay….Love wiww…love this outfit too. I have that necklace, and will definitely recreate this outfit! Thanks for the inspiration Lisa!

17. Kelli says:

Lisa I love your blog! I check every Wednesday for WIWW. You are so creative! I have curly hair like yours but mine doesn’t look like yours. Can you tell me if you use anything special on your curls? Do you have any helpful hints for getting my hair as awesome as yours? Thanks! Love your inspiration!

18. Jess says:

Love it! I want that sweater!

19. Lovely.. perfect.

Loved pinterest.. need to start them!

20. Sarah-Kate* says:

Harper’s Bazaar mag & V-Secret catalogs

21. Sara Sophia says:

blogs and pinterest are a huge inspiration for me….I love trying out different things <3

You are lovely, my dear.

–S.S.

22. Denissa says:

I love how you re-created the outfit! It looks great and comfy :)
    I keep thinking I need to check out Pinterest! Looks so fun..

23. cheryl rodda says:

Is the link for the target sweater $16.08 on sale…
    Such a cute sweater!!!!

Love the outfit! Need to recreate myself I think!!

24. Christine says:

I love these posts anyway, but I really loved seeing your inspiration here! Thank you! I am so glad you are continuing.

25. Anita Moss says:

Love your WIWW. Just ordered an Alora necklace in red. Love it and would not have known about it except for your Blog. Also was able to order the Green leaf skirt w pockets from Anthro. Loved it with Denim.
    Thanks Lisa.

26. melody says:

cute outfit once again!!!