What I’m Wearing {navy, red & aqua)

May 16th | what I'm wearing

Hey friends, it’s Wednesday and I’m linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for some fashion inspiration. You’ve seen all the pieces of this outfit before–except for maybe the belt {which I found on sale at J Crew}. The aqua belt keeps the outfit from being too ‘americana’.  I’m not going to a 4th of July picnic–just to the workshop.

Striped tee, Banana Republic. Red skinny jeans, Target. Aqua belt, J Crew. Wedges, Dana Buchman for Kohls. Denim Jacket, Gap. Sneak peek of a necklace soon to be in our shop–more on that soon!

Wanna know a secret? I get dressed in the morning, think, “This a fun outfit, I’ll take a few pics.” Then I edit the photos, upload them to my blog and that’s when the waves of insecurity start to wash over me. “This is the lamest outfit” I think. Or “my hips looks huge.” Or “my hair is ridiculous.”  And then I get a grip, remind myself not to take it too seriously and I share it anyway.  Fashion is fun, but it’s certainly not the most important thing, is it?

Here’s to finding a little bit of inspiration in the small things.

1. Colleen P. says:

I think we all have a mental picture of how we want to look and anything that falls outside of that makes us occasionally insecure. But, I think all of us often fail to recognize that the things we’re insecure about are often things other people either don’t notice or don’t worry about to begin with. Sometimes those things are what other people find appealing about us.

2. Jordan Rutledge says:

Hey there!
    I just recently cut my hair similar to yours and am trying to get it back to its’ curly ways. I just love your hair and was wondering if you do the “no shampoo” treatment to keep the curl? If so, I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to care for curls to keep them springy!
    Happy Wednesday!

Jordan

3. Chrissy says:

I have been known to try on 6 outfits and have my husband say I’m beautiful in all of them-so I know the insecurity thing. However you should know I look forward to Wednesday Blog post from you – I love your look and wish I could pull it off! I also enjoy getting fashion ideas from the landsend magazine-really I purchase from time to time but sometimes I got to Kohls or target and buy similar things

4. Michelle says:

Ohhh I love that necklace!! Can’t wait to see it in your shop!

5. jewellery says:

that’s really gud you know..u r doing great things keep it up

Love the color combo with pants and belt! At my blog, my What I Made Wednesday begins a 6-week series on the Harry Potter Birthday Party we had for my decade-old son. Lots to cover. If you need some entertainment today, stop on over. Discussing the invites today!

7. Lisa says:

I love the shoes! Work it…. ;)

8. Julie says:

Girl, you are MY inspiration! I love, love to read your blog it is always the start of my day. Thank you for sharing your family, your pasion and your style with us all. On a side note, I really believe that Target should sponsor your blog since I am always shopping there after reading your WIWW to ‘copy’ your look! Thanks again!

9. tiffany day says:

I totally agree and feel the same way sometimes! we are our own worst enemies!!

you are so sweet and I love how you share your heart and life!

xoTiffany

10. tiffany day says:

and I love what Colleen said!

totally agree!!

xoTiffany

11. Um Lisa, I dont think you know how to look bad ;) .

12. Kelly says:

I need to study your art of “not quite tucked in, but you can see my belt.” :-) I’m very short-waisted (and carry my weight in the middle), so I avoid tucking anything in…but this is sorta brilliant!

• Lisa Leonard says:

It’s the ‘front tuck’ and it’s super flattering and easy. I carry my weight around the middle too.

13. Linda says:

I think you look amazing Lisa! But I totally know what it’s like to see a picture of yourself & it remind you of things you don’t like about yourself. Or some mornings when I step on the scale & weigh more than I was hoping to…that’s when I have to tell myself looks & weight are not the all in all in life, there’s so much more to be grateful for & as long as I’m trying to make healthy choices in general I needn’t let it get to me!

14. Shelby says:

I have a teal belt I just got… must pair it with my red skinnies!

15. Must get red jeans! Think I said that last week too C:

16. Teresa says:

I already want that necklace. ;-) You look fabulous!

17. Southern Gal says:

I think your outfits are fun and cute. I love that you have your own style. It’s refreshing.

18. Sarah-Anne says:

loving the pants and belt combo…you rock anything you wear lisa!

19. Stacey says:

You always look adorable! Your style is fresh and fun. Question – what lip product do you use? I know that’s kind of a strange question but I always think the color on your lips looks pretty.

20. Lise says:

Oh, my gosh, I totally get the insecurity, so I had to let you know, I LOVE your Wednesday posts, and get so much inspiration from how you pair things together! (In fact, I just went to Target earlier tonight to get some of those red skinny jeans, ’cause I love yours, but on me they were about 6 inches too short and looked ridiculous. Darn it.) Good for you for posting when you’re not quite sure. I can’t get enough!

21. Louise says:

The outfit & aqua belt look great! Yes I agree, fashion is fun. I bought a pair of skinny rust-coloured jeans because you made your skinny red jeans look so fun. People are drawn to smiling and confident energy, so pick your fashion each day and rock it.

22. Brooke says:

I always think you look super cute and put together! I also think…wow…those colors look great together! Love your blog and love your honesty and sincerity! Hope you have a great day! (Wow…that’s a lot of explanation points!! :)

23. Jo says:

those skinnys are very flattering on you. love how you put outfits together.

24. Kelly says:

I always go and check your site every Wed to see what you have put together! Sometimes I see some of the items at Target (one of my favorite places) and I think of you and try to remember what you wore w/ that particular item to make it look so cute! And, BTW…I think you should post a picture of your closet!! I’d LOVE to see how you have it all organized and just how many items you have!! :)