friday love {instagram}

January 27th | instagram

It’s Friday and I’m linking up cell phone pics from the week over at life rearranged. Join us!

I spruced up our mantel for Valentine’s day and added a little red here and there.

The family tree necklace is still one of my very favorites. Love.

This pic above was for the January/photo a day {which I’ve kinda flaked on}. The prompt was ‘shoes’. These boots were a Christmas gift from Steve.

We had one rainy day last week and otherwise we had temps around 70*. This has been such a strange winter in California!

Have I mentioned we have a problem with David breaking things? Over the last year he has broken a few lamps and our living room was getting to be like a cave. So when Target had a sale last week, we purchased these two lamps. I can’t believe how much life they add to the room!

Matthias is a kid who loves everything drawing, coloring, creating, and painting! Every time we are at Target he begs for new crayons. I love his creative masterpieces.

Monday night I met my sister in Santa Barbara for a getaway. And it was wonderful. Pretty much perfect. We finished it off with mexican food at Carlitos. Yep, pretty much perfect.

I did a little junking yesterday. I didn’t really buy anything, but it was so inspiring!

My friend Claire brought me tulips. Claire is our customer service supervisor and she is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met. {Love you Claire!}

Ahh, Ruby Rose. So much beauty in one place-it’s almost overwhelming.

This weekend is about cleaning, laundry and packing. Steve and I are heading to Thailand next week to visit some dear friends. And we are leaving the boys here. I am terrified and excited. It’s crazy!

What are your weekend plans?

1. Tracy says:

Couldn’t agree more about the weird weather! Just as I was digging where my rain boots, out came my flip flops. =) Love the picture with Matthia and the crayons definitively my fav.

2. Nikki P says:

How does David break the lamps? If he knocks them over/off would securing them with heavy-duty Velcro work? Not sure how you feel about the wood underneath, it would be damaged.

Now, if he’s just going by swinging golf clubs or something, I got nuthin’ :)

3. Mari says:

Oh my goodness, your instagram photos are just so artistic. Like you! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Thailand? Where did that come from? Wow! Have a great and safe trip! Can’t wait to see the pics.

5. Diane A. says:

So good to see you the other day in S.B. Yoursister is a doll, too!

Thailand? How exciting! Have a wonderful, safe trip. Enjoy your quality time with your hubby!

6. Tonya says:

Strange weather indeed! Right now it’s pouring here in southern New Hampshire – crazy!

There is nothing like a new box of Crayolas!

Have a great trip!

7. Kelli says:

Wow! Thailand! Amazing!

I am getting together with my two girlfriends tonight to attend a play at the high school where I teach, then off to a bakery that only opens at night and only accepts cash…very mysterious! Tomorrow my 6-year-old is going to the daddy/daughter dance, and Sunday I am meeting my BFF in Seattle for some shopping. Ooh, I should add Watston Kennedy to my list!!

8. Heather G. says:

That necklace at Ruby Rose is gorgeous!

9. your pix are always so cheery, lisa.

love the lamps. i need to go to target to check them out. my new living room needs some life added to it.

10. jessica says:

i love your blog lisa. every day. i love the picture with the crayons. new crayons are the very best, everytime i would go with my mom to “the store” when i was little, i would beg for a new 64 pack of crayolas, because it had the sharpener in the back (that doesn’t work!) :-)

11. Kelleyn says:

Have a great trip! How exciting! When I grow up I want to be you. How to you manage to looks so put together all the time.

12. Anne says:

Well…….I won’t be packing for a trip to Thailand…haha…that sounds very exciting.
    I will be working Sat and then going to celebrate with friends at a bridal shower on Sunday.
    Somewhere along the way I think I need to stop for some good Sweet Cream ice cream and berries!

13. Holly says:

I love what you did to your mantle for Valentines Day! :)

14. Stacie says:

thanks for the photos and posts about ruby rose. my little fam and i kicked around SLO (my old collge town) while my hubby did some interviews on campus. of course on the top of my list of places to visit is a new fave – ruby rose! (it was right after a caramello at uptown, a stop by ambience, coverings and bubblegum alley, a visit to the migrating monarchs, lunch at TA’s & old west, a trip to the beach, an evening at farmers, dinner at firestone, and a lovely night at the apple farm – it was dreamy, i tell you!)
    anyhow, while at ruby rose, i found the most darling chair ever. a petite, floral, mama chair just for me! my biggest little misses found some fun vintage chucks. i did exercise restraints but for the whole store…i swoon! wish i had more time and money!
    thanks for the recommendations and fun posts!